Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 11 + Day 4,5,6

Day 11


Feel so productive today!!! Learn how to make 3 interesting home made items and manage to finish translate a weird signboard information into English. My work is going to appear on a signboard!!! 


Looking forward to a better tomorrow.














Day 4


Woke up and went straight to take a free bus from Shi Tan (my place) to Miao Li Railway station but I get off the bus at the wrong place. So I have to walk and find the station. Boss (Mr. Lee/Lizard) called and picked me up before we went for breakfast. It is some Taiwan traditional breakfast food.
Meet up with his friend after that and we drove all the way to a place near to Taipei but not Taipei. I was playing with boss friend’s daughter along the way. She’s so cute!!! Don’t get me wrong, she’s only around 3 or 4 :P
Saw a lorry full with FAT pigs. That’s something you can’t see in Malaysia.
Boss was buying a lot of flower pot and I’m just looking around. Saw cute dogs and cats too.
Had dinner in a vegetarian restaurant which serve delicious food and it is funny when another couple came in. They look at what we eat and even order what we order. Can’t describe how it is like during that situation in words.
After that, boss brought me to meet my work mate for the 1st time. I’m officially the youngest there. The one closest to me is a guy who is 26 years old.
I planted a plant which I got no idea is what before making my way back to the hostel just to find out the internet is down and I got no access to internet.








Day 5


Ah Ping Ge (work mate) fetch up to a jungle early in the morning. It is another place owned by Natural and Ecology Society of Miao Li (the NGO which I work for). So it is a place where they try to keep it as natural as it is. There are even big snakes in the jungle and weird plants which they took from somewhere and planted in the jungle. So my work mate just tidy up some stuff and beautified a rest house in the jungle. And that’s it for today at this jungle.
Boss brought me to buy my sim card and we had economy rice for lunch before we meet up with a principal. He asked me to teach the students English and see if I can help them score higher cause the student here hates English so much. Headed back to the society office (near the school) after that. I manage to ask boss regarding my JD and what I can do so finally I got my JD!!!
At night, I went out with the teachers to eat Taiwan traditional food (according to a teacher), ginger female duck. It is so weird tonight as my eyes is super red. Similar to the shirt that I’m wearing tonight.












Day 6


Wash my clothes before I make my way to society office. Today I’m going to mandarin orange yard. I took a lot of picture to the extent that my camera battery ran out when we are not even half way there. By the way, we are walking there. We drank some homemade wine made by the yard’s owner when we reach there.
We had lunch at the yard’s owner’s wife’s food stall after we come down. Spend the afternoon watching some sort of movie regarding earth and nature. Then 3 aunties (work mate) bring me to the station and teach me how to buy the train ticket and where to go because I have a welcome party in Hsin Chu (where the lc is) later at night. It’s a bit weird because I have to travel so far for my welcome party. Anyway, a friend picked me up at the train station to the place where the welcome party is being held.
Welcome part is normal but I’ll say “well done” to those who organize the party here. The last session of the night is some sort of sugar cube session expects the messages are written on a paper with a Christmas sock shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment