Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Intro and Day 10

It's already my tenth day in Taiwan and this is my 1st post. But I've wrote down what had happen to me since i came to Taiwan and i'm going to post it all up in this blog. But posting what had happen since i came here in 1 post will make this post way too long. So here's how i'm going to divide it.

1st Post = Day 10 + Day 1, 2 and 3
2nd Post = Day 11 + Day 4, 5 and 6
3rd Post = Day 12 + Day 7, 8 and 9
4th Post onward = What had happen to me from Day 13 onwards

So here's the 1st Post:

Day 10 

Was working on an ugly map until boss asks me and Ah Ping (Work mate) to attend a meeting he is in. Too bad I only understand 40% of the content. Had lunch before I continue working on the map. I seriously feel its way too ugly. Anyway, after drawing, instead of coloring it, I work on translating stuff into English because I’m too fed up with the ugly map. I spend of much time focusing on it yet it is progressing way too slow.
While translating, boss send me some stuff for me to check. Ah Ping and I were laughing so loud while I’m reading and explaining. The English is too funny!!! Here’s an example:
1)      The fish swing in the river.
2)      Little fish swing more
Those 2 are only some of the many examples. And what makes it even funnier is they plan to use this information and produce two huge sign board. I can’t imagine what will happen to foreigners who came and read that information. They might look at the river for swinging fishes.
Ah Ping went back at 5 but I stayed back to clear my emails and to work on my blog (Creating a new blog and writing this post).
Anyway  I want Tang Yuan!!! And I want to celebrate Chirstmas!!!

Day 1




Mum and dad fetch me to airport early in the morning. After having breakfast, I do all the que-ing up and get into the plane. So this is the part where everyone will be asking how I feel. So how do I feel? I don’t bloody feel a thing. Like seriously, I feel nothing.
It is so boring in the plant and I almost want to take my laptop out and play DOTA in the plane.
After getting my luggage, I walk out and look for the group of people who are suppose to receive me. I saw them I gave them no reaction as I walk past them. Why I do that and where I walk to next? I did that because they were cam whoring that time and where I walk to? Behind them and get myself in to the picture they take. After that, then only they realize I’m behind them and is in the picture. So yes, mission accomplished.
We had dinner after we reach Benny’s (a friend) house by taking bus and train. Dinner is actually quite expensive as it cost 160 Taiwan Dollar.
Then I walk around the university after the expensive dinner. There’s a grocery shop outside the dorm and there were dogs walk in and out and even sleep in the middle of the entrance because there’s carpet over there. 2 carpet = 2 dogs, yes.
After I meet up with Katherine, we headed to the AIESEC office and hang out there for a while before I was invited to join CTLC Executive Board Meeting. Similar style as the one we had in TUC.
So that’s the end of Day 1.




Day 2

Since my laptop battery is out and the plug converter which I brought here is not the right one, I have nothing to do but to rot until my roommate asks me to go out for lunch. Thank god lunch cost me only RM7.50. I had beef rice and winter melon drink.
Benny fetches me out to get my plug converter along with a few stuff which he needed.
Feels so much better as I’m used to my laptop so quiet sometimes already.
Continue surfing the net after dinner as Benny have exam tomorrow and don’t have time to bring me out.

Day 3

Went to the university’s library which has around 5 to 6 level and each level is very big. What I did in the library is preparing the LUCT’s election booklet and application booklet and finished it before I went for lunch with the Non Corp team members.
I went back to the dorm, online and rest for a while until the TN came and fetch me. So I’m finally in the place which I’m going to stay in for almost 3 months. It’s a lower high school which means standard 1 to 3 in Malaysia. It has only 76 students but it’s very big which has a running field, computer lab, library and so on. I drop my luggage there and went out for dinner with the TN in the village. I’m staying in a place which is very small. Hope I won’t find it boring here.
I had a meal which is just ok for me and had Snoke Flake style dessert. It has cincau and taro balls too. After dinner, I went back to my room and started sweeping and mopping the floor. I don’t have the cloth to wipe the cupboard, tables and chair as there’s no cloth available here. So the room is not 100% clean yet.
Then I sit down and face another troublesome problem because… it’s so hard to connect to the internet. There’s connection but my laptop is in English and they got no idea how to connect it.
So I shut up and went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment